Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crystal Cavern

Another fun-filled workshop was hosted by the Crystal Cavern in Tigard, OR, last Sunday.  It's great to get out on the weekend and explore Oregon and locate some of it's many hidden gems.  Crystal Cavern is definitely one of them!  In my old stomping grounds I knew every little shop and booth in the state I think.  Here everything is new to me!  Judith was a delight and as a devoted cat lover it was an extra bonus to have both of the shop's very well-fed cats to wander in and out while we made dragon's blood sticks and cones!

Samhain is nearly upon us and you already feel the veil beginning to thin.  In some ways this important time is like New Years to some people.  It's a time to reflect on the past, those who have crossed over, but also on what the next year holds for each of us.  The last year has brought some very significant changes to my life and the list of those who have crossed over has grown, but it is no time to mourn.  It is time to celebrate all of those special souls on the other side.  I hope that you Samhain plans bring you close to those important to you.  I know I will set an extra plate at the dinner table soon and the thought is a powerful one.  Will you be prepared for a stanger to knock on your door and share your food with that person?  I know I will, no questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment