Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mystic Earth

What a great set of workshops last weekend.  I'd never been to Roseburg before and I wasn't sure what to expect.  I definitely wasn't prepared for what I saw.  Mystic Earth is this amazing shop nestled in the hills of Roseburg, Oregon.  I'm just now getting to know the community here in Oregon, and I know that I shouldn't have any expecatations, but this was not anything I expected to find.  I walked into this unassuming store front in, what I assume is, a downtown area.  Inside was no little shop with some dusty herb containers.  The first thing I noticed was the juice bar/coffee bar/deli off to my right.  Wonderful smells greeted me as I went to the register.

Inside the shop I found wonderful crystals, books, incense, jewelry, wall hangings, and many jars of herbs showing no dust accumulation whatsoever.  It was impossible not to notice the huge red dragon that greeted me first.  I acknowledged him before speaking to any humans.  I'm glad I didn't have to help them hang him up there.  I imagine that was quite a challenge.  The workshops were intimate and a lot of fun.  I got to meet new people and discover an amazing shop and eatery all while going further south in Oregon than I'd ever gone before.  Below is a shot of some folks in the afternoon workshop rolling away!

No comments:

Post a Comment